Florida wildlife... respect it
- The State of Florida is home to many wild animals and wildlife to include alligators, deer, fox as well as a host of poisonous snakes, turtles and other wildlife. It is not uncommon to see wildlife in populated areas.
- If you encounter any wildlife, please remember that they are dangerous animals. While attacks are not common the wildlife can easily be provoked.
- Please do not touch, handle or attempt to feed the wildlife or try to get in close range for a family photo. Not only is it dangerous, but in some instances it is against the law.
- If you feel the wildlife is a nuisance or a danger to others, please do not attempt to corral, capture or attempt to control the animal. Contact 9-1-1 immediately. The Orange County Sheriff’s Office, Fire Dept. and other agencies have trained personnel that can assist and respond.
- If you desire interaction with wildlife, please check with your tour operator or hotel. Many area attractions have interaction with wild animals to include feeding.