If you are traveling by plane
- Do not discuss your trip with anyone on the way to or while at the airport.
- Arrive early at the airport.
- Hand carry any valuables (electronics, money, jewelry, credit cards).
- Stay with your luggage until it is checked in.
- Limit your personal information on your luggage tags.
- Sit in your airplane’s assigned seat.
- Plan how you will get to your hotel ahead of time.
- Leave your flight information with a family member and if your plans change let them know.
- Call a family member or friend back home and let them know when you have arrived at your destination.