While out in public
- Do not display large amounts of money. Place small amounts in different pockets to assist with this or use credit cards or travelers checks.
- Make copies of your credit cards front and back and place them in a secured place for your records (room safe). This can be very useful if you need to report a lost or stolen card.
- If you see something suspicious, call 911 immediately. When you return to your hotel, use the main entrance especially in the evening.
- Be wary of solicitors. Use reputable places of business for all your entertainment transactions.
- Travel in pairs or groups if possible.
- Always have a meeting place for the kids to meet you if they get lost.
- Teach your kids your name, house phone and cell phone number.
- Small children should always be led by the hand when crossing the road or near busy streets.
- Small children should have their name and phone number placed on their clothes label or the inside of a shoe flap with a permanent marker in case they are lost.
- Use the sidewalk and pedestrian crossings.