Please join Orange County Sheriff's Office staff at one of the community events below. These events provide an opportunity to meet our deputies and learn about our commitment to keeping our residents and visitors safe.
Looking for Recruiting Events? Visit our Career Section for a list of upcoming Job Fairs.
All community events have been postponed until further notice. Thank you for your understanding.
OCSO Virtual 911 Emergency Communications Specialist Recruiting Event
Tuesday, June 9 from 3:00 - 5:00 PM
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office is looking for candidates interested in an exciting and challenging career in law enforcement. We will be hosting the first OCSO Virtual 911 Emergency Communications Specialist Recruiting Event on Tuesday, June 9 from 3:00 - 5:00 PM.
Interested parties must register via Zoom by accessing the following link: http://https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYqc-mtqD8pG9cCfF_5YVHIFhooFEoubv06
- Good work history
- Accredited high school or GED diploma (certificate of completion not accepted)
- Must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current permanent resident card
- Must not have been convicted of a felony
- No illegal drug usage over the past two years. Other drug usage will be evaluated on a case by case basis
- Must not have received a dishonorable discharge from the United States Armed Forces
- One (1) to two (2) years of college, military, or related experience and/or training preferred
- Knowledge of Orange County geography helpful
- Must be able to work various shifts with rotating days off, as well as weekends and holidays
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Must successfully complete a job related "CritiCall" test
- Must be computer literate
- Must have good typing skills (approximately 30wpm)